Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our Family of Five



It has been a time warp around here with our new addition to the family! Today I am feeling pretty good. For two nights now, Cooper has eaten and slept really well. I have managed to sneak in a anywhere from two to three hours at a time!!! What a difference sleep can make! The first couple of nights were rough. If he wasn't eating, he was crying and we were up all night!

The kids have been adjusting in their own ways. Kaden has had a much harder time than I had thought. He is in so much need of extra attention and wants to be into everything that anyone else is doing, especially the baby and mommy. But he loves holding Cooper and tells him that he loves him all of the time. Keira has been adjusting really well. She is so good at playing by herself. She keeps herself busy and entertained when I have to nurse Cooper. I guess that is one perk of having a 17 month old and a newborn!

Cooper, is just precious, of course! I am in love all over again. How this happens with each child over and over, is a mystery to me. I can't wait to get to know him more and more as each day passes. He is a blessing and I am so glad he is home with us!

2 comments:

The Lakovich Family said...

I am glad he is home with you too. Your family is just so precious! I love you...good job mommy XOXO.

The Tucker Family said...

By the way you looked amazing after just giving birth!