Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cooper Grady Heinricy

Cooper Grady
Born September 10, 2009
7lbs 20 1/4 inches


We had a scheduled induction at 6:30 am that morning so the kids spent the night at my parents so that we could make it to the hospital on time. It was the beginning of a long day. After two and a half hours waiting, we finally got an available bed around 9, 9:15. I got hooked up to everything I needed and then we just waited. We waited, and we waited, I was starving, we waited, Matt ate a protein bar, we waited, I was starving, we talked, I felt some contractions, we waited, Matt ate a sandwich, I was starving, we waited, I tried to nap, I felt more contractions, I was starving, we waited and then I got an epidural. Y-E-S! That thing works like magic! POOF! My hunger was gone, my minimal painful contractions, gone, and waiting wasn't so bad. In fact, I was hoping at that point it would take longer so that I could continue to enjoy that relaxed, joyful state an epidural puts you in. Ahhh, to feel like that everyday! It must have been around 6:30 that I started to feel some major pressure, I was sure it was time! A nurse came and checked me and sure enough, it was the baby's head and he and I were ready to go. The nurse told me to hang on and that it would take my doctor about 20 minutes to get there. I love my doctor and really wanted him to be there so I did my best to hold on. After he arrived, the waiting was over. In five minutes, we had our third baby, our second little boy, Cooper Grady, at 6:52 pm. What an amazing experience. I don't think I could say this without the help of an epidural, but child birth has got to be the most incredible experience that life can offer. Thank you God for a healthy baby boy and a great labor and delivery! You are the amazing one and you are the creator of life. Thank you for blessing our lives with our three children!
a little stir crazy waiting

just got my drugs

cooper grady

first time really getting to hold cooper
(i did get to hold him before this, immediately after he was born)

daddy, mommy, and cooper

just a few hours old
a mama with 0 hours of sleep

so, i was a little unprepared with the pink car seat. and just plain out of it when we packed up the car with the bag that had his clothes to go home in. so there he is, poor guy; hospital shirt, no pants, and a pink car seat. i did at least have a blanket to cover him with!

at home

tiny feet
(CRAZY toes)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE HUGS BLESSINGS PEACE AND SLEEP to you Andrea! We are all so excited for you and the family. He is adorable! We'll be praying for you, Matt, and all 3 kiddos as you find your way as a family of 5! Much love!

The Garud's said...

Love seeing all the pictures!

The Tucker Family said...

So cute! It was so nice seeing you guys last night! Cooper is adorable! Luv you!