

I am so glad we decided to do swim lessons for Kaden this summer. He amazed me. It has been a couple of years since he had lessons and those were the mommy and me kind. I thought for sure he would be apprehensive about it. I did the protocol "prepping" a few days before, ie. "You get to swim with Ms. Anne all by yourself and there's gonna be lots of rings that you can dive for that are all different colors like blue, orange, green, and yellow and when you are all done, you can pick a candy!" I was hoping all of that would help and I think it did for the most part. Once we got there the first day he was ready to go. He was excited and did not hesitate one bit. I admire his confidence. I often wonder if his confidence is a gift from the Lord or if it has anything to do with how Matt and I are trying to raise him. I'd, of course, like to pat myself on the back for a job well done, but I just know that God has blessed him with it. Maybe it could be both! :)The past few days he has just gone for it. He was jumping in off the side and letting go of his teacher to swim on his own on day 2! Matt and I are so proud of him for all of his hard work. I think for him the best part is having someone's undivided attention for 30-45 minutes! It's a good reminder for me to remember to make a point to have special alone time with each of the kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment