Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poo-Poo Butt

Yep! That's right. I picked up the kids after work today and they were fighting in the back seat as usual. Kaden decided to call Keira some made up name and Keira quickly responded by yelling at him, "No calling names!" I reminded him too. Then he did it again and she called him a "poo-poo butt!" I had never heard her say anything like that before! I told her no name calling and she being the sassy girl she is, said it again. I told her one more time that it is not nice to call names and this time very slow and high pitched, she screamed out at the top of her lungs, poooooooo-pooooooo buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutt! It was pretty hilarious! To watch an adorable little two year old girl, totally pissed off, nose scrunched and all, scream something like poo-poo butt. Where does she get it from? Just joking! She totally gets it from her big brother, but it is so funny how that really does happen. I always wanted to think that I could protect my kids from learning inappropriate things, even on a small scale. But the older Kaden has gotten, the more I have realized how out of my control it is for me to "shelter" him from those types of things. Kids are kids. We are all sinful by nature. And sooner or later, they are going to learn many new things, good and bad, from other people and places, right at home from siblings, even from Daddy and Mommy, and they will have to make choices based on the guidance we provide for them. So, for now, I will take "poo-poo butt"! I am sure name calling is nothing compared to what's coming ahead in their school age years!

2 comments:

The Garud's said...

That funny!

Anonymous said...

oh that's too funny! The other day my dad was over and he used the word "but" (not "butt") in a conversation and Titus shouted "we don't say THAT word in our house" lol. Gotta love kids!