Our little guy had to have a surgery on April 7th. It was quite an experience and one I hope to never have to experience again. This is a picture I took from my phone to show him in his little hospital gown. Doesn't he look so cute! He was so amazing the entire time. He could not eat or drink past midnight the night before and couldn't until 2 hours after the surgery. We took him in to the hospital at eight and his surgery wasn't scheduled until ten. We actually ended up having to wait for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I was really expecting the worst but he did so good. I don't know how he did it, but he really hung out, without food and without sleep, the entire time. It was a time of anxiety for me, but I was so relieved once it was over. As he was rolled out on his bed to us in the recovery room, my heart was overjoyed. He was hooked up to an IV, but he looked so adorable! They had him laying in a huge hospital bed, propped up on a pillow, covered with blankets and all you could see was his face. I couldn't wait to take him home. I wish I got a picture of him lying in that bed, but I have one in my mind I will never forget. What an answer to prayer. He was fine, and it was over!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Our little guy had to have a surgery on April 7th. It was quite an experience and one I hope to never have to experience again. This is a picture I took from my phone to show him in his little hospital gown. Doesn't he look so cute! He was so amazing the entire time. He could not eat or drink past midnight the night before and couldn't until 2 hours after the surgery. We took him in to the hospital at eight and his surgery wasn't scheduled until ten. We actually ended up having to wait for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I was really expecting the worst but he did so good. I don't know how he did it, but he really hung out, without food and without sleep, the entire time. It was a time of anxiety for me, but I was so relieved once it was over. As he was rolled out on his bed to us in the recovery room, my heart was overjoyed. He was hooked up to an IV, but he looked so adorable! They had him laying in a huge hospital bed, propped up on a pillow, covered with blankets and all you could see was his face. I couldn't wait to take him home. I wish I got a picture of him lying in that bed, but I have one in my mind I will never forget. What an answer to prayer. He was fine, and it was over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment