Then at church on Easter Sunday, I was with the kids in Kaden's class and we talked about the resurrection of Jesus. It was sorta funny trying to talk to a group of 3, 4, and 5 year olds about the Resurrection, but honestly, it really saddened my heart. Even though most kids responded and knew the real Easter story, there were a few who talked more about the Easter bunny coming and the presents they got from him and it broke my heart. I felt convicted. I am sure those kids know the real story, but the Easter bunny seemed to trump the whole thing. It just made me think more about how twisted our culture is that we would take something that is only about Jesus, and really, is because of Jesus, and make it something else. As if we need to add to it as if He just isn't enough!
We successfully managed to just struggle through it this year, knowing that the kids are still very young and don't really get it anyway. We kinda tried to avoid talking about the Easter bunny, and intentionally tried to talk about Christ and his Resurrection. It seemed to work. Kaden seemed to know that Easter was about Jesus and that felt good. We had a little Easter egg hunt for the kids and I made them Easter baskets. Later in the afternoon we went to my Mom and Dads with the rest of the family.







No comments:
Post a Comment