By 8:45 this morning I wondered if I could hit the rewind button and just record over the morning my three children and I had. Was it possible that they could just sleep in a little longer? Possible that my ears could go two minutes without hearing screaming and name calling? Possible that Keira could somehow get her little 2 days away from being 2 year old self together and STOP crying and chasing after me? How is it, I wonder, that my little 7 month old son can have a surgery and be less cranky, shed less tears, and be more content than my older two? Possible that somehow we could actually get out the door and get Kaden to school on time for once? But when I can take a moment in the midst of the chaos and stop and think or just look in their eyes, my heart overflows with the love I have for them. Perspective sets in. I will never get these days back with my kids again. These are hard days. But these are sweet and precious days too. Ahhhhh, I'm just tired this morning and am so thankful that Kaden is at preschool, Keira's coloring, and Cooper is sleeping as I get a moment to vent and try to enjoy a cup of coffee.
These past couple of months have been so full and jammed packed with parties, church events, dr. appointments, and work. And it's only going to get busier. Kaden starts T ball on Saturday which is also Keira's second birthday! His team has their first practice tonight. Just learning to accept and embrace the chaos. Darn, Cooper's crying now. . . . . . . . oh those sweet eyes, those sweet eyes!
2 comments:
Love you girl!
yup, you said it just right...we all have crummy days. I try to keep my expectations low and my idealistic thoughts at a minimum. Perspective is HUGE. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment