Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My daughter is missing. . .


Is she really gone? Or is she just playing hide-and-seek and is sure to be found? I sure hope it is just that and sooner than later, my little girl will be back just the way I remember. The blissfulness of having a baby girl is out of sight for now (I hope). My sweet, precious, adorable, joyful little girl is missing.
Let me introduce you to my NEW little girl that is making me crazy. She is the queen of tantrums. Keira likes to spend most her days screaming and crying, demanding her way or replying to requests with a forceful "NO" at the top of her lungs. She does enjoy repeating her demands, screaming, as if I was unable to hear her the first time. When she is not throwing a fit, these days Keira can often be found looking disheveled, wearing a striped shirt with extra small polka dot shorts that clearly are not a match. Her hair is usually mangled and hanging in front of her face, again, going for a very much "neglected" look. This is due to her refusal to wear what I want as well as her refusal to have me touch a single hair on her head. "Who are her parents?", is a question that must be asked often by many. Most often you can witness her "crazy times" throughout the day as a result of her million and one requests for "uppie" being denied. This has become a word I could do without! It doesn't matter if I am holding Cooper or washing dishes or even sleeping, when this girl wants up, she wants up. Not getting what she wants brings a whole new meaning to the word tantrum. I love her, but I would also love a few quiet, peaceful moments during the day!

2 comments:

Natali said...

You are not alone. My son is also missing. He was replaced by one who threw a tantrum so large yesterday it required every ounce of his parents' self control and previous knowledge to deal with. It was almost an hour and a half long and when it was over left mom and dad on the verge of tears too. I hope we both find out kids soon!

The Tucker Family said...

Girl, I felt like you were talking about Emma the entire time! Im right there with you (and Emma is older - scary)! That 2nd child!!!