Saturday, July 10, 2010

SERIOUSLY???

As I was waiting to be seen by my Dr. in my shorts (thank God) and in my "gown that opens to the back", my life flashed forward 50 years. Last time I checked, I was a young, healthy, 31 year old mommy, but today, I feel like I am 80. I have major pain in my ribs and my pinkie finger gets stuck in the bent position.

Let me explain. The cause for my rib pain is due to a fall I had while giving the kids a bath on Wednesday and the cause for the finger thing is unknown to me. So here I am, after two days of pain that won't let up, in the Dr.'s office. Confirming the age I feel, I left the Dr. with a diagnosis, depending on the x-ray, a fractured rib, and a "trigger finger" that can only be corrected with surgery. He comforted me by saying that the fall could happen to anyone, (yeah, right!) but that the finger thing usually occurs in older people in their 50's or 60's! Great! So today, even with two vicodin, okay, I will be honest, three, I am still in extreme pain, can barely move, and my pinkie finger is stuck in a bent position. What has happened to me? REALLY? I feel major depression coming on!
  • just found out that I did fracture my rib! 4-6 weeks! Great!

1 comment:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Love you Andrea!!! It happens to the best of us!! Just think...maybe if you go through it all now...you won't have to when you are 50 or 60!!!