I just came across our wedding video as I was trying to find a video for the kids to watch. I think I am speechless. . . well almost. It was amazing. I didn't watch all of it because it could have been thoroughly boring, but I watched enough to make me realize I have gotten old and that our wedding was so long ago. We were so in love, you could just see it in our young eyes! We both were in tears the entire ceremony and just kept looking at eachother, soaking in every moment. I remember that feeling. I wish that it was on the forefront of my mind everyday like it was that day. I get so distracted with all the other demands in life, that sometimes I forget just how "in love" I am with Matt.
Everything is different now. Our best man and maid of honor are now married, our friends are almost entirely different (most were not even there), we have begun and ended many ministry adventures, we have bought our first home together, we have sold our first home and moved twice now, we have had three children, my hands are way more wrinkled today (it really bothers me, almost more than the wrinkles I have around my eyes), there was more hair on Matt's head, but the only thing that is really same is our relationship with one another. In so many ways that is even different, but better. Little did we know how our lives would look almost ten years down the road but we were so young and crazy in love it didn't matter as long as we were together.
As I watched my Dad give me away to Matt, I realized how scary that really must have been for him. To know that he had been the man in my life who had taken care of me and provided for me for all those years, and then in that moment, to "give me away" to the man I believed would do the same. As I watched me move from my Dad to Matt, I realized also that all the promises Matt made that day, he has kept. He has continued to love me and has taken care of me since that moment on. He loves and provides for his family in ways I never dreamed of. He is such a hard worker and has a heart to do all he can do for his family.
Matt is my best friend. We have had a deep connection since our first coffee date. He loves me unconditionally as much as humanly possible, he understands me, and he is so good to me. He is truly a gift from God and I am so grateful for him. I love Matt so much. I can't imagine life without him for a second.
I am so excited about this new season of our lives together. Our babies are growing up and soon we our youngest will be one! I am so looking forward to really getting back to "us." To be able to spend more time together focused on one another. I finally feel like I've got life down with the three little ones, the laundry, the house cleaning, etc, that I can actually spend time thinking about Matt and how I can serve him as his best freind, his wife and his partner! We always prayed from day one that God would be building a firm foundation for our marriage and he has been faithful. I am blessed to have such a strong marriage that is based on love and grace. Thank you God for blessing my life with Matt and blessing our lives with Kaden, Keira, and Cooper. I love our family so much, words cannot explain. It brings me to tears when I think about just how much I love our little family and how much love I have for each one of them.
1 comment:
I have done this before....it is amazing how so much around us changes, yet we still can find those feeling deep inside for eachother! You made me sit here crying as I read this, loving the words you spilled you spilled out on this page. Thank you for showing us the love you and Matty have for eachother.....and reminding me of the love I have for Doug!!
Post a Comment