Friday, January 29, 2010

Our Christmas 2009

It is January 29, and it has taken this long for me to remember to write about our Christmas. It came and went so fast, but it was significant for our family because not only was it Coop's first Christmas, it was the first Christmas for us, as a family of five. This will be the way it is, God willing, for many, many, many, more years to come. I figured since I am so late, jotting down some highlights would be best:
  • Kaden's preschool Christmas party: his wishlist for Santa included items for his sister as well (soooooo sweet!) AND all the kids singing their special birthday song for Jesus
  • Christmas Eve service at RVC and all the family over for dinner afterward
  • wrapping presents Christmas Eve and realizing Keira's presents were much better than Kaden's (I had originally thought I had bought more for Kaden, so I was trying to make things even!)
  • Christmas morning and Santa's BIG mistake (Kaden's gift from "Santa" was a bright pink guitar! Not just pink, but splashes of purple too! The box happened to miss that important information for SANTA!!!)
  • calling Santa and telling him about the mistake
  • Santa dropping off a new guitar and a remote control race car to make up for his mistake
  • Christmas music, coffee, and breakfast
  • Matt sitting in the other room with Cooper ALONE at my Mom and Dad's Christmas evening (it, quite possibly, was one of the worst days we'd had in a long time and it all started bright and early with Kaden's pink guitar!)
  • ending the day with tucking in the three most amazing gifts of God in all the world
  • falling asleep next the fourth
i thought it was neat whose list his was next to

No comments: