Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where do I start? There has just been so much going on around here. Life is so full. So busy. And it moves so quickly. I can hardly believe that it has been almost five months since Cooper was born. Wow! It feels like a whirlwind. I am finally feeling like a person again. I know that God has the power to change us, but sleep is life changing!!! For the past few nights, I have been able to sleep till about 5 or 6 in the morning without having to get out of bed five or six times to put Coop's pacifier back in his mouth! Thank you God!

Cooper is just such a precious little baby. I love him so much and wish that I could have more time with him alone. He is such a happy little guy. He has been drooling nonstop and loves making a ton of noise. His hair is starting to come back in and he is starting to gain a bit more weight. He is finally settling into a routine which is also helping my sanity. He finally is out of his swaddle, I was worried this would never happen. Around 4 months, he easily transitioned out of his swaddle when he started to roll and sleep on his tummy. I have never seen a baby move around so much in a crib. From the womb, this little boy has not stopped moving! He is all over the place. Cooper seems to be growing at rapid speeds these days. I think this kid is going to hit all his milestones well before the times his older brother and sister did. My favorite thing about Cooper is being able to hold him up at my shoulder and feel his fuzzy little head with my cheek. His little head is so soft with that baby fine hair. And what about that baby smell? Oh, I am going to miss all of that! I wish you really could save some of those feelings in a bottle and always have them to feel again. When I think about Cooper being my last baby, I do get a little sad, if I am honest. There is just something about a baby. They are truly tiny little miracles from God.

Keira has been talking so much more lately. At bedtime, she wants me to sing "twinkle twinkle little star" to her as she sings her own version at the same time. It is adorable. She loves looking at her "chars" on the ceiling that shine from her little turtle guy. She loves holding her toy babies, rocking and singing them a sweet lullaby. She loves to scream as loud as she can until she has no breath left. Her face looks like she is in shock every time she does this. I think she can't believe just how long she can scream! She calls her baby brother, Coop-e, Chloe, dog dog or Chlo-dog, and herself, kiki. Other things she says are: "momma, baby cye", cheese (yelling), bun for run, mmhmmm, i hungry, jes for yes, and side for outside. She is become such a great big sister. She absolutely loves her baby brother and is constantly watching out for him, taking care of him. She loves to hug him, lay by him, play with him, and take care of him. She is quite the hugger and especially loves to give out hugs at bedtime. She has to give a hug to all of us, including her Chlo-dog. She overflows my heart with so much joy that words can't even explain!

Kaden is growing up too fast! He is such a loving boy, but drives his sister crazy! And us too! He loves to bug Keira more than anything! Well, maybe not anything. I think he might just love T.V. more. The kid is obsessed with it. I am hoping as the weather gets better, that he will begin to lose his attachment to T.V. He does love preschool and learning new things. He is a very smart boy with a really big heart. He loves to wrestle with his Daddy. He has started to get dressed and brush his teeth all by himself. He also is insistent on "parenting" all of us. He loves to tell his sister what to do and how to do it and has gotten pretty good at scolding all of us as well. He often tries to bargain with me or Matt as a response to something we may have asked him to do or not to do. He is quite the little negotiator. He loves going to the park, not just to play, but to talk with all the other parents there. He is the kid at the park that talks so much that you wonder where the heck the parents are except we are right there with him. He loves, loves, loves, to talk. At bedtime is mostly where the talking never ends. Sometimes, we have to close the door on him while he continues to talk because he won't stop! My Mom has told me that I used to do the same thing to her! But the best part of tucking him in is our last little conversation. It usually goes something like this: "Goodnight Kaden," and as I am closing the door he says, "Mommy?" I say, "Yes," as I open the door back up and he says, "Goodnight". Then I say goodnight again but before I can close the door, once more he says, "Mommy?" Then I say, "Yes Kaden?" And this time he says, "I love you." Those are the moments I am so grateful for. Even as an infant, Matt and I could sense Kaden's gentle and loving spirit, but it is so neat to see it develop the older he gets. He is just a real sweet boy. I am beginning to see real moments of him practicing being kind, helpful, loving, and giving. God has given him the most adorable smile. He has the ability to make me smile whether I am sad or mad! His smile brightens my day.

No comments: