Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Tribute to the Paci. . .

It is official! Keira is without her pacifier! I am amazed that I can say this without having to mention a major battle or share some long and calculated plan of how we got rid of it. Funny, instead what happened, was that we lost her two pacifiers and still cannot find them! It has been at least two weeks now that she has not had it. The first couple of days she would ask for it and cry a little for it but with some distraction, we were able to get her through it. And then after that, she just stopped asking. Honestly, she has adjusted really well to this change I have been dreading for months! I had been wrestling with getting rid of the paci long before Coop was born. But then I thought I should let her keep it since the baby might have one of his own and because she might need that extra comfort with having a new baby in her life. And soon after bringing Cooper home, her attachment to her pacifier grew even stronger. She would not just want it at naps, she would want it when she got up from her nap, or when she was watching tv, or going for a ride in the car, or when she was playing. She had it in her mouth maybe a third of the day. It is really a God thing because I don't think it could have happened any other way!
just hanging out

watching tv

elmo+"ellie" her purple elephant+paci= good night's sleep or nap

(but not anymore!!!!) :)

No comments: