I'd like to say I spent the whole day meditating upon what I am thankful for but I didn't. Of course I thought about it and I talked about it, but I really didn't get any focused time to talk to God about it. Just like with Christmas and Easter, its about how the meaning behind them effects my life throughout the year rather than just for that day. Thankfully I feel like I have been doing better at having a heart of gratitude these days. So even though I didn't get much time to reflect on Thanksgiving day, lately I have been attempting daily to stay aware of what good God has done in my life and thank him for it. I have been trying to remember each day one verse and let it be the prayer of my heart. The verse that seems to stay in my mind the most is what Jesus says in Matthew 4:4, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." That verse reminds me of the importance of being in God's word and that I can't live my life on my own and I desperately need him each and every day.
Most of the day we enjoyed being home together hanging out. Later, after naps, went to my Mom and Dad's and had a great dinner with family.





1 comment:
Loved your winter formal pic!
Post a Comment