Tonight is the second night Matt has be gone on the men's retreat. I am amazed at how well it has gone. I was a little nervous to be alone with all three kiddos, but it ended up being pretty fun. I felt like I got time to bond with each of the kids even though I was alone. Last night Cooper only woke up one time so I felt like I got some good rest. And tonight was a memorable night. I gave all three kids a bath and had them fed and ready for bed by like 6:30. I wasn't sure what we were going to do for the next hour and a half. Tonight was also the first night I really saw Kaden and Keira play together without fighting or crying. We put up a tent in Kaden's room but the kids thought it would be more fun to play on top of it. Kaden pretended it was a swimming pool and would jump in off of his bed and Keira thought it was so funny to say "night" and lay down in it and pretend she was sleeping. They wrestled together for the first time, giggling and laughing with no tears! Keira usually screams whenever Kaden even touches her, so this was a nice change. They just got along so well. It was so cute. I am not used to a sister brother relationship because I never had one, but watching Kaden and Keira makes me so happy that they have eachother. And now they have their little brother Coop!
Cooper is 8 weeks old now and is so much fun. He has been smiling and cooing for the past few days now and it is so much fun to watch. Already he has got his own little personality and it is adorable. He has the cutest smile and it makes me so happy each time I see it. He is really starting to wake up to the world around him and engage with us. The kids continue to love him. Kaden is so sweet to him. He talks to him and tells him that everything's gonna be alright because brother is here. I really have to keep my eye on Keira when she is around him. She loves him, but she wants to hit him or poke his eyes or lay on top of him in his bouncer. She does love to kiss him any chance she gets.
We do miss Daddy. Things are just not the same without him around. The kids LOVE their Daddy and I love him too! We are excited to see him tomorrow.
1 comment:
Cute new picture at the top. You need a new fam one with little coop!!!
Post a Comment