Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Boy's Dream

On Monday I took Kaden and Keira out to my dad's office so Kaden could take his first ride on a tractor. After my Grandpa died, my dad decided to keep the farm he grew up on and move his business out there so he could run his business and farm at the same time. Papa had been waiting, since he knew I was having a boy, for the day when Kaden would be old enough to enjoy a tractor ride like he does.

When we got there, Kaden was shocked to see the big, blue tractor waiting for him outside and immediately wanted to get in. It was a rainy day, but it didn't stop them. My dad had prepared for such a day like this, when he bought an enclosed, air conditioned tractor, so that rain or shine, he could take my nephew, Dylan, and Kaden out for rides anytime! They went out in the fields for a good 20 minutes but had to come back because Kaden was so excited he had to pee! Once the deed was done, he asked Papa to take him again and of course, they were off again. It was the sweetest thing seeing my dad with Kaden in that tractor, just like he used to do with my sister and I when we were little. We always got to sit on his lap and "drive" the tractor. Now it was my son's turn...I am so thankful to have my parents in my life and in my children's lives.

And just yesterday another thing happened that took me back to when I was little. My sister and I were at my mom and dads and Kaden and Dylan were hiding under the sheets in the bed. They were calling out for us to come and find them, giggling and screaming with excitement the entire time just like my sister and I used to do when we were little. We loved doing that with our mom and were seriously convinced she could not find where we were! It is amazing how fast something like that can take you back to so long ago and make it seem like it were just yesterday!
waiting for papa to finish up some work

just getting started

happy to drive

riding off into the sunset...or more clouds I guess :)

keira...just happy to be inside!

4 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

So sweet! That is so awesome that your parents are so involved! I also love how the cousins love to play and how you and your sister love to look back in time! I cannot wait until my sister has babies so we can share sisterly memories with our children!

Natalie said...

Looking from Texas, Owen said "that's my friend! What's he doing?" So, he's super interested in Kaden's grandad. Looks like a lot of fun!

Laura said...

Ohhhhhh how fun for you and for Kaden....it's so fun to watch as our parents enjoy being grandparents. There's going to lots of fun memories like that!

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Aren't Grandparents the Best??!! We are so blessed to have involved parents!!!