Friday, December 19, 2008

A Work of Art

Here it is! I love this house! It is truly a blessing for us to be able to move now. I am so thankful to God for providing our family with this blessing. This new house will provide our family with the option to sell after a couple of years or stay for 10 years if we want. Matt and I were church planting in Tower when we lived in our first home and after a couple of years there, we decided it would be best for us to move, if not in Tower, at least somewhere closer to it. So that brought us to our house on Scott. We gave up some square footage, a master bedroom and master bath, a master closet, an attached garage, an open floor plan, and a concrete foundation (seriously, ours is a sub floor and big time creaky). Thankfully, after a year, Matt and I were able to knock out a huge wall to make the house more open and pull up the carpet and refinish the hardwood floors. It is really a nice place. It has such character and such an incredible backyard!
backyard at Scott
the area we knocked the wall out
The amazing thing is that God has taught me so much in the years I have lived in this house. He has taught me about perspective and gratitude. He has taught me the importance of relationships and family. He has taught me that with Him, I can do things I never thought I could. He has walked me through some of the most difficult times in my life here. He has blessed me with watching my son grow into a three year old boy and blessed me with a beautiful baby girl in this house. He has shown his unfailing love, his mercy, his unending grace, his protection, and his faithfulness here. These memories we have made in this house will never be made again. These are special memories for me and our family, ones we will never forget. I will always hold this house in a special place in my heart. I will really miss this house and the memories made here!
To Scott...and to many more memories on Via Verde!

4 comments:

The Tucker Family said...

Beautifully said my friend! So happy for you guys! Cannot wait to see the new beauty!

Laura said...

Soooooo excited for you and Matt! When do you need help packing?

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

Soooo excited for you guys! Can't wait...let us know what we can do!

Liege said...

Congratulations. That's so exciting. That backyard looks huge too :)
Liege