Our Christmas came and went so quickly yet again. I cannot believe it is all over. I am though looking forward to not being so busy and to be able to more fully enjoy the next two weeks off of work with the kids! Keira had her first Christmas this year and Kaden finally was excited about the whole event. It was fun, yet a little disturbing, to watch him rip open his gifts with such excitement and determination. He asked a couple different times if there were any more! Really, is my kid that selfish? I guess that is the way it goes! Speaking of Kaden, ever since I have had my little boy, I always seem to reflect on what it must have been like everyday for Mary as she loved cared for her son, knowing that one day he would die for the sins of the world. Before I had Kaden, I used to hear the song, "Mary Did You Know" around Christmas time and would think it was just so silly because I thought yes, she knows, and who cares what Mary thought, Christmas is about Jesus! Now, that song moves me to tears every time I hear it. I don't know if it is because I am a mother or that I have a son or what? But when I do take a couple of minutes to reflect on Mary, it leads me right to Jesus. I am so thankful for him and his birth this Christmas!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Our Christmas
Our Christmas came and went so quickly yet again. I cannot believe it is all over. I am though looking forward to not being so busy and to be able to more fully enjoy the next two weeks off of work with the kids! Keira had her first Christmas this year and Kaden finally was excited about the whole event. It was fun, yet a little disturbing, to watch him rip open his gifts with such excitement and determination. He asked a couple different times if there were any more! Really, is my kid that selfish? I guess that is the way it goes! Speaking of Kaden, ever since I have had my little boy, I always seem to reflect on what it must have been like everyday for Mary as she loved cared for her son, knowing that one day he would die for the sins of the world. Before I had Kaden, I used to hear the song, "Mary Did You Know" around Christmas time and would think it was just so silly because I thought yes, she knows, and who cares what Mary thought, Christmas is about Jesus! Now, that song moves me to tears every time I hear it. I don't know if it is because I am a mother or that I have a son or what? But when I do take a couple of minutes to reflect on Mary, it leads me right to Jesus. I am so thankful for him and his birth this Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Adorable picture! Glad you all had a great Christmas! I will say it again, I love your thoughts, your writing, etc. When are you going to start speaking? You have such a gift! Thank you for the sweet message about Mary and Jesus...what a difference that made in my heart! Luv ya!
Post a Comment