Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Snow

We have been wanting to take the kids to the snow. . .well. . .kinda. And we finally did it on Saturday afternoon last week. Jumping in the car and heading to the snow without planning it with all the kids is pretty big for us. Good for us to be spontaneous! We probably left around 4 o'clock or so, and packed the car with snacks and anything else that we hoped could keep the kids occupied for a while. We brought a bunch of clothes to bundle the kids up with and took off. The kids were so excited since they had never seen snow before, and Matt and I kept our expectations pretty low, or better to say, more realistic. I mean, it was late in the afternoon, we weren't sure how it would work with Coop, and any type of car ride with the kids are enough to make anyone CRAZY! It's a wonder how it is actually legal to drive a vehicle full of kids! As we got closer and closer to Shaver, it started to snow! It was really neat, although, I, of course, panicked, wondering if we are going to get snowed in and not have any food for Cooper and how in the world it was safe to drive in the snow without chains! But once we stopped out by the lake, I really got to enjoy it! It was great being out there in the lightly falling snow. It was cold and I probably only had Coop out there for 5 or 1o minutes and then he and I went back to the car. We might have been there a total of 20 minutes but it was totally worth it. The pictures alone were worth the 45 minute trip there and back! And the kids got to see the snow for the first time and see it snow at the same time! And I am pretty sure that was the first time I saw it snow, but I could be wrong since I have the worst memory in the world!

No comments: