Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Time Away

It's been about a year and a half since Matt and I had been out of town together ALONE! We actually didn't realize it had been that long until we were on the road. Our destination was Carmel. This is not the normal get away for us, but since the hotel I have been wanting to stay in had special winter rates, we had to go! It was a beautiful place and worth every penny. The weather was amazing and our time together was wonderful. We were able to have uninterrupted conversations about everything; the kids, church, God, our relationships with the Lord, and anything else in life that is important to us. I am so blessed to be able to connect with Matt on such a deep level emotionally and spiritually, yet at the same time, we are still able to have fun and laugh a ton together!

I came back thinking about how good and important it is to enjoy one another. So often we are just "caught up" in life that we end up missing out on the enjoyment and sweet moments God intended for us to experience as a couple. I am convinced in order to have a healthy marriage and one that endures the various seasons of life, we need to go out of town ALONE more than every year or so!

3 comments:

Laura said...

so glad you have fun!!! Cute pictures of the two of you!

The Tucker Family said...

So happy you guys got away! I am proud of you both! Keep it on the books (every quarter)! Loved the pictures of you guys! Love ya!

heather said...

What a sweet post! You guys are adorable...