Thursday, December 30, 2010

One More About Christmas...

I don't want to forget this Christmas and how fun it was to watch the kids anticipate Santa coming.  The night before Christmas Matt helped Kaden and Keira write a note for Santa and left cookies and milk for him for the first time.  And the joy it brought them in the morning was so pure!  I loved seeing their reaction to the empty cup and the cookie crumbs, the stockings and the presents.  Their joy could not be contained.  They were speechless, but couldn't stop talking at the same time.
It is the kind of joy I want to hold for the Lord.  To be so filled, that I overflow with his joy.  To believe like a child, that he is real, that he has come and that he is coming!  To have a pure, authentic faith in him like a little one has in Santa!  Thankfully our kids do have an understanding of God and a belief in God that is real, but I trust and pray that it will develop and bring them as much joy as Christmas morning did for them this year someday.  I trust that will come with age along with our continual teaching and bringing them up in the ways of the Lord!

No comments: