Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

This Christmas had to be one of the best for us.  We had so much fun celebrating Jesus' birthday and being with family.  I was much more present this Christmas being that Cooper was one instead of three months, still not sleeping through the night!  The best part about it was that I could enjoy it knowing that I would not have to go back to work in January!  So exciting. 

Christmas Eve day, we went to the park and got some good family time until Matt had to leave for work.  We later joined him at church for our Christmas Eve service along with my parents, Matt's parents, and my sister and her family.  Everyone came over after for dinner.  Before the kids went to bed, Kaden wrote Santa a note (with Daddy dictating the letters) and left Santa milk and cookies.  I did some last minute wrapping, and we left the tree lights on and went to bed.

Christmas morning Kaden was the first one up.  I can't remember exactly what time it was but when he came in, he was so excited!  He told us that Santa had come and the stockings were filled and there were presents left for him, Keira, and Cooper.  I love the video we got of Kaden and Keira discussing all that had happened that night as they were sleeping.  Last year, I blew it on the gifts.  But this year was great.  It brought me so much joy to see the kids so elated.  Gift-giving is definitely an act of love.  We got to say home all day together and watch the kids play with their toys and Matt and I drank a ton of coffee and soaked in every minute being with our family.  In the early evening, we went and celebrated with family at my parent's house.

The nostalgia of Christmas, as much as I love it, is fleeting.  But the joy of the Lord is forever.  Before long, the kind of excitment and joy Kaden, Keira and Cooper feel about Santa will come from God speaking in their lives, seeing his provisions for them, glimpses of God's glory, seeing and experiencing his good and perfect gifts, and in gaining an understanding of God's grace, mercy, and love. That is my prayer! Merry Christmas!

No comments: