For his actual birthday, Matt and I took him on a date together. We decided to take the day off of work to spend it with our special FIVE year old. We had the morning planned out. We started the morning with a trip to the movie theater. He had never been before so it was pretty exciting for him. I think he loved eating popcorn more than watching the movie. I think I loved watching him enjoy that buttery popcorn at 10:20 in the morning more than the movie too! We went out to lunch after the movie and then just Daddy took him to play games at Chuck E Cheese's to end the afternoon. I think he had a good time even though he didn't seem to like the movie much. It's pretty rare that both Mommy and Daddy get time with just one kiddo. We try our best as often as possible to get some one on one time with each of the kids, but rarely with both us there. I think the last time we were with Kaden alone was when we took him to lunch shortly after Keira was born. That was two and a half years ago, so it was definitely a great way to celebrate his fifth birthday.
Kaden at five, is still a chatty cathy. This kid can talk and talk and talk. He love Star Wars, mostly because Dylan does. He loves having Dylan spend the night and prefers to play with him more than any other friend. He loves sports. He is really good at soccer. He still loves wrestling with Daddy and Daddy is by far his most favorite playmate at home. He is always wanting Matt to play with him. I think it's pretty cute. He still wants me to put him to bed at night. And even some nights, he still asks me to sing him his special lullaby but instead of using his name, to use Anakin Skywalker or Obi Wan Kenobi. He still loves watching tv but more than that, he loves antagonizing his sister and chasing her around the house. Listening is not his forte. I think I should have his ears checked just to be safe! :) What else can I say? My little man is five! I am such a proud Mommy! Happy Birthday Kaden!
Chuck E Cheese with D. . .
![]() |
| thank goodness it's just a game for now!!! |
the family party. . .
![]() |
| cooper, still loving this chair! |
his 5th birthday. . .
celebrating at school. . .
his lunch table. . .








No comments:
Post a Comment