Saturday, October 17, 2009

So much has happened in a year. . .

So much has happened in a year. . . today marks the first day a year ago I started our family blog. In one year we have celebrated Kaden's third birthday, Keira's first birthday, found out we were pregnant for the third time, moved, and welcomed baby Cooper into the world just 5 short weeks ago!

I am amazed at how fast the time goes by and when I am reminded of it, I always consider if I am making the most of the time I am given, enjoying and living every minute of life fully, or if I am letting the time just slip away, missing many opportunities and not savoring each moment of life. I wrestle with this mostly when I think about time in relationship to ministry and motherhood and my children. Do I spend more time enjoying my little blessings or complaining about them? Do I take care of them with a joyful heart, or do I get the job done begrudgingly? A marker in time, like one year going by, quickly brings me into a time of reflection and helps me to take the time to get my perspective and priorities back in order. I hope someday sooner than later, I will be able to gain the right perspective and keep it for more than five minutes! I always seem to find it but never hold onto it!

Back to my blog anniversary. . . so if I stick to doing what I planned on originally, the time has come to find out how to print out the year's memories into a blog book. I am sure it will be pricey, but well worth every penny. I had better do it too! All the guilt I felt for not scrapbooking led me into the world of blogging with the sole intention of printing it out yearly for our family!

*Happy 18th month birthday Keira!*

1 comment:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

This past year has been a huge blessing for your family!!! So happy you are in our lives!! You are so special to us!! Let me know what you find out about the books!